Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bunny day

Bruce was able to come over again, and we tailored our day to fit his schedule. He arrived at the Jct to Arock at 1:40 PM. The raptors are really stacking up. We saw two before we got there, and 4 more in Arock itself.

Sue thought about being cranky until I took her to the truck and she realized that we were going hunting. When they got out of the truck and took their first pitch on the telephone pole, we started in the field.  Bruce asked if taking his camera would jinx the hawks. I told him that I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to help the rabbit at all. We got about 60 yards into the field when Peg took after a Bunny. She missed but Sue didn't and the first one was in the bag. I gave each bird a front leg to eat. Sue finished hers quickly and then took the one that Peg was eating. We gave her some tidbits to make up for Sue's rudeness.

We got a few more slips that the birds couldn't turn into a catch, due to the proximity of the holes and burrows scattered around the Sage. Finally Sue caught another just as he was about to disappear. I finally remembered that I had a camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment