Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feb 16

We were attempting to get a bit better flight for Orrin today, so I put a Starling in the bush for him to chase. We decided to get a bit further back so as to give the Starling a better chance. It is a bit of an inexact science at best, and of course I screwed it up. Orrin was a bit late in starting, and the Starling gave him a hard chase. It is hard to tell with such a small bird, but he flew it almost out of sight and it put  in one of the hay stacks two fields away. I grabbed another Starling and this time pulled three flight feathers out of one wing. We started walking towards where he had disappeared after hovering near to the hay stack. As we got within a couple of hundred yards, he left the perch where he was sitting and flew towards us. I released the other Starling and he slammed into it with gusto. As you can tell Starlings are a pretty big quarry for such a little guy.

I recorded the footage with my little camera and then had to convert it to a wmv file so it lost a bit of quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment