Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Camera, and Sue update.


Some of you may remember, I have been shopping for a new camera with better quality and longer recording time. I had good advise, that I of course chose to ignore, and bought a Holdr HD camera. While it took some very good videos, I could not play them on my TV, had to use Quick Time to view them, had to buy Quick Time Pro from Apple to edit it. (The program would not read music without buying another program.)  If I converted it to AVI, there was no sound and the quality was degraded with each conversion. Some of the clips wouldn't play. The Camera had something wrong with it so that the computer would not recognize it. They offered to repair or replace the camera. No thanks!
 
I decided to go with John Bickham's recommendation of the Tachyon XC. It is bigger, but quite a bit cheaper than the Vholder. My problem was with the mounting of the camera. John put his on his wind screen and his apparently does not have as much vibration as mine. I tried using a side mount with a foam base, but there was harmonic vibration in a test that I did this morning.
So I reverted to my original mounting point and put it on the nose. The view is better and the vibration is less.
 
I was a bit short on camera threaded screws, but this one will do until I get another one. You will notice that there is no padding under the swivel mount, but I think the video is acceptable.
 
I just viewed it on You Tube, and of course the quality sucks, It looks great on the computer and on the TV, but I guess one can't complain, You Tube is free.
 
Now for Ms Cranky Pants.
 
I waited a full day after her last lesson with a dead Jack Rabbit, and decided to change her flying time to morning. That way she doesn't have to sit there and watch the other two birds eat, and the wind will be a lot quieter. The game will also be more active, and perhaps I will have a better chance to find something for her to chase. Right now she is pretty locked onto me for food, and expects me to call her to the fist. I was considering where I could take her to find another rabbit, when I notice that there are three in the field below the pool, so I decided to be lazy and see if I could get one of them for her. Perhaps I should check the sighting on my rifle, either that or find some meds for my apparent palsy. I managed to kill this one stone dead. I picked her up and called her to the fist a time or two and then walked out to where it was. She eventually landed on it and I again let her eat her fill, before putting her in the weathering area for the day. This morning when I went out to set the birds out, she again threatened me, so I wallowed her unmercifully, petting her head, back  and goosing her every now and then. Her weight was up quite a bit, so tomorrow I will take her to a rabbit field and let her look at running rabbits. Perhaps we can find some half grown stupid ones. 

I am considering changing her name. Sue B comes to mind. Perhaps Sue the B?

No comments:

Post a Comment