Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bunny, One Each!

The rain stopped long enough for us to go hawking again. We had two cars full this time. John Hauck's buddy, Bruce Koch, from Vida Or. was visiting, so we took him along.
Since we had the "Gimps" with us we hunted the more accessible fields. Sue and Peg flew to the top of the one Telephone pole in the field. As we started across the field, I was quizzing Tami on her test, and there was a heck of a commotion just in front us. I looked up in time to see a hen Pheasant come boiling up out of the weeds, with Sue right behind. Peg joined in the chase, but this hen had incentive to go somewhere else, fast. When we got to the spot that she came out of there was a pile of feathers where she had been. I guess Sue wasn't prepared for how much a full grown one fights.

The rabbits in this field have learned that if you run, a hawk chases you, so we were having to pry them out of the weeds.
This one stayed put while I called Sue back to the perch. I had to have Tami get behind him to flush him out. Sue missed however.

Peg caught a fleeing Bunny and I gave each a front leg to eat. After they finished we set out again with Sue finally catching one of her own.
I gave Peg the rest of her own,

No comments:

Post a Comment