Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Snake!!!!!-- click on pictures to enlarge.


Yesterday after our fishing trip, I was working on the computer and I kept hearing alarm cries from our resident Says Phoebe that lives under the porch.


First I looked to make sure that the cat wasn't out there pestering her. I was unable to find anything and eventually just tuned her out. We have had a "Bull Snake" hanging around here for quite a while. He first turned up when the guys were here after the Monument Valley Fly-in. Other than causing intense curiousity from Curly, he has not been a problem.


The Phoebe is recurrent visitor here and always nests over our bedroom window. They have gotten quite tame and endure lots of encroachments by us and our various critters. There are plenty of bugs, and they repay us by keeping the rascals under control. They of course use my "Barby" for a perch, and a little crap amoung friends is permissible.

We of course have lots of mice that seem to want to take shelter here in our house and I have a "Electronic Rat trap" that amuses me and keeps the rascals in check. I keep it in a built in mouse house (not my design, just a reality) over the cool room. It is generally good for about two to three mice every day. I went to check it yesterday and took a mouse out of it. As I closed the sliding door, guess what I finally see? He is on the other side from the Phoebe, but he was trying.

I picked ole "Cranky" off the wall and took him to the wall by the pool and dropped him over the side, thinking that would solve the problem. Guess again, he then starts trying to climb that wall to get back again. I finally picked him up again, which didn't help his attitude at all. I then took him down to the creek and gave him a mighty heave over the fence to the creek. We will see how long it takes him to find his way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment