Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Its just a matter of the right bait.

As with all things, men or mice, it is the right bait that counts. In "Ben's" it was Kiwi fruit. Karen's plants would have done just as well, but I couldn't figure how to get the potted plant to stay on the trigger. It looks as though it will be an interesting year for rodents again. In a Google search I found that Packrats can have as many as five litters a year, with 5 offspring being the average litter size. They are mostly vegetarian's, except for 2x4's in your attic.

I have cut back on the number of Mice using my bench with a live trap. I am up to 12 now in my count. Following Goggle's advice, I have scattered packets of Quaker Oats all around the hanger as a preventative. They say that When they eat the Oats it swells up and, they died of constipation. :-( Nasty, but I have to get rid of them somehow. On my next trip to town we will stock up on the Sonic noise makers in the hopes of preventing them from coming in.

Last year during the fly-in, one of my friends was sleeping on a cot in the shop. A mouse used his nose for a springboard during the night. He moved into the house to sleep on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment