Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perhaps a solution to Puddy Tat's problem

As you are aware, Puddy will not fly further than about 8 feet to the fist without flaring off. Once she does that, she seems to panic and tries to fly off. Yesterday she got about 4 tidbits before I gave up. Today she weighed 785 grams, was really hungry, but still will not fly without flaring. I tried two different times after her flaring off again to get her back in the groove and flying to the fist. Finally I got my Tee Perch and offered it to her with a piece meat on it. She flew to it with no hesitation. I called her three times to the perch with no problem, before I ran out of tidbits. I then called her to the fist for a Bunny rib cage and fed her up. I know that her real flying weight is higher than where I have been keeping her, so I gave her a lot of food today hoping that the good result will stay in her mind tomorrow and we can finally move on from this temporary stumbling block. I have never had a bird so determined to not fly to the fist. It really doesn't matter, I will almost always not ever call her to the fist other than short distances. Almost always it will be to the Tee Perch. We will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment