Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Frustration runs rampant

Sometimes things go so easy that you just can't believe it. Then the rest of the time things are normal, and like pulling teeth.  Either I am feeling sorry for myself, or things are a lot more normal than is comfortable. Pud is at the stage that she needs to have a rabbit in her feet and all she can eat. She has learned her lessons of where the food is, and to stick around. I have been trying for about four days to shoot a rabbit for her. Most of my difficulty is due to my restricted vision in my shooting eye, and the rest seems to be Karma run wild.

Karen and I took Pud out this morning, thinking that I would change up on the Rabbits and catch them off guard. I took my rifle with the iron sights. Probably my first mistake, I have trouble getting down on the sights. Its a bitch getting old, but better than the alternative I guess. We found nothing that would sit still long enough to give me a chance at it. Karen was holding Pud on the fist, and not letting her fly. She jumped a Bunny at her feet and Pud tried to fly after it. After that nothing happened and I put her on her perch for the day.

When Tami came over she was telling me about all the Rabbits on their drive way.  After we flew Jasper, Karen and I loaded up Pud and went over there. We all walked until dark and I had one chance at a Jack that I repeatedly missed. I intend to go out tomorrow morning to my old Jack field to see if things will improve.

Jasper was up to 96.5 and Tami wasn't sure how he would do, but again he was more and more anxious as time to hunt drew near. Tami had turned him loose and I went back into the hanger to get my new movie camera. When I came out of the hanger he was already in a hover over Tami, waiting and watching. I started running out to where they were and he broke his hover and went up another 10 feet or so. When I got close I yelled and tossed the Black bird. The bird started climbing and heading for the creek. Jasper made a dive at the bird, but it dodged the stoop. Jasper turned and made another which the bird also dodged. Jasper hit the ground and bounced up after the bird. The bird tried to scrape him off on my legs, going on the right side but Jasper cut him off by going on the left side. Another miss by Jasper, but each was closer and the next try he had the bird and the fight was on. Unfortunately the camera batteries were dead, so words will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment