Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pud actually is improving.

I have kept Pud to 800 grams, and she is beginning to see the light. Karen and I were left to our own resources tonight. I have been flying Pud late to take advantage of the added incentive to eat before it gets dark. Tonight however  was pretty nasty with a storm brewing with quite a lot of wind.

I wanted to wing a Rabbit to give her a chance to see that they can be tasty, but of course there were no volunteers. Karen was carrying the Tee Perch, I was packing a pistol. Pud actually stayed close to us without actually coming to us for a while. I would call her, give her about 15 seconds to respond and then move on. Finally she decided that the only way to get fed was to go to one of us. I gave Karen some tidbits to garnish the Tee Perch, and soon Pud was riding the perch. We jumped a small Jack that just would not give me a shot. I cannot swear to it, but Pud flew over the area where I saw it running, could she have been checking out the possibility of chasing it. I have convinced myself that she was thinking about giving chase.

Pud kept up with us, sometimes flying to nearby fences or to the ground in front of us when there was no close perches for her to sit on. When it finally got too dark for me to see Rabbits, I stuck out my fist with a chunk of Rabbit on it and she wasted no time flying to me. It is going to be tough, but I think she may make it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment