Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jasper #13

Tami and Isabel came over with Jasper at 3 PM. It was still a bit windy, but warm. We are getting the Jet Stream coming up from Ca. and the temps were around 50 degrees. My girls are too heavy to hunt, so Jasper was all we had for entertainment.

Jasper first tried the outside chicken pen, but there were no Sparrows in there at all. He then went to the captive pen, but there seemed to be no Sparrows there either. Tami went into the loafing Shed and I went into the pen to see if we could find something. Jasper was crawling around the rock walls of the loafing shed, and I was looking in the rock fence to see if any were hiding in there. Jasper had managed to get into the shed by accessing a gap between the rocks and the roof. I found a Sparrow hiding in the rock fence outside of the chicken pen. I rousted him out, and he flew to the shed. Jasper saw him and the chase was on. The Sparrow tried to get into cover in the wall again, but didn't make it. Jasper caught him right in front of me.
 He has caught the Sparrow, you can see that his wings are still spread. He killed the Sparrow and then got himself gathered up again.
 He drug the Sparrow up on the rock and totally ignoring me, he was working his way around to where he could see Tami. I was standing within three feet of him inside the pen.
 He didn't like the spot that he was in while he was on the rock, so her crawled out further. Bobbing his head watching Tami. She asked if she should try to call him, and I told her to give it a try.
As soon as she held out her fist, he again flew to her fist to eat, carrying the Sparrow with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment