Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Seven

I put Puddy out front this morning with the idea that she might like a drink. Well apparently like most kids, anything that looks like a bath is to be avoided.
However Chickens might be another proposition entirely.
Puddy wanted to see where the Chickens went, so she flew off the perch and unfortunately landed right in the middle of the bath. She did not drink, she wasn't in it that long.

I had thought that she might be better in front of the house rather than in the weathering area with Jessie and Peg. I was wrong. The resident Bullocks Oriole took great exception to the presence of a raptor that close to her nest.

The Oriole was really cute in her defense, but persistent enough that I finally decided it was a waste and took Puddy in again.
When I picked her up this evening, her weight was 889. Her casting this morning showed nothing adverse, but in the middle of the day she again acted as though she wanted to cast, but couldn't. It is too early to tell if she has a problem, but if she does, It will become evident soon.

We followed our usual routine, and went out to the fire pit area to sit in the shade with her. Josie being her usual self, ran up and without hesitation jumped in my lap. Puddy did not get all excited, but was quite prepared for any way the encounter might go.
I put her on the spool and although she was slow, she did walk to the fist.

I called her several times today and then gave her a Black bird to pluck and eat.

After she finished that I gave her a Bunny backbone to give her a gorge. I most likely will not feed her tomorrow. I am sure she will be too fat to do anything. I like to give my birds a gorge at least once a week, and of course a day of fasting comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment