Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

Vet results

I decided this morning to take Puddy to the Vet to see if I could discover what is going on with her. I was worried that if I took her weight down it would be the final factor that would cause whatever problem that she might have to take over with fatal results. Raptors when they are sick, do not have a good survival rate, especially if they are down in weight.

There is an experienced Raptor Vet in Nampa thank goodness. I called and they squeezed us in at 5:45 PM. Rather surprisingly all they found was that she was loaded down with worms. The Vet did a full check up, and physical and apparently she doesn't have anything other than the worms. She has been treated for that, and I will do a microscopic examination of her mutes in 10 days to make sure that we got them all.

I don't know if the worms were the cause of her change in behavior or not, but now that I know that she is otherwise OK, she better hold on to her butt, because I am now going to get her attention. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment