Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Video Camera's and of course Rats

The rat problem is slowing down a bit. I only got three yesterday. The "sonic" gadgets seem to work just fine on the Rats, but does not deter Mice one little bit. Either that or there are so many of them that new ones move in as soon as the irritated ones move out. Either way it is a plus to keep some of the vermin away from us.
Here is a trap that I use to keep the mouse population down in the hanger, along with the Sonic gadgets. The only problem with it is that it is hard to keep bait on it that the Rats like. Peanut butter does not do it for them.

Tami was having trouble with the Rats eating her young Tomato plants and I put one of the sonic gadgets  at the head of the row. They have quit eating the plants and have moved on to somewhere else.

Karen and I were listening to an unidentified Owl last night, I got her out of bed to do so, and we could hear something tapping on the tin roof of my wood shed.  Pack Rats tap their feet when irritated or they see a cat under them as this one did. One of the "Barn Cats" was on the ground just under him. I grabbed the BB gun and the light and went to find him. Karen helped,  she poked a stick into the area he was hiding in, while I did the shooting. Definitely worth getting out of bed for. The Rats are leaving the house alone, but they are moving into the outbuildings.

I have been working on my Video mount for the airplane. While it worked out fine on the nose, I had no control of the thing. I need about 10 minutes to warm up the engine before I can take off, and I had to either burn up that much battery life, on get out and turn it on again. I have been thinking about a HD camera, and their video and battery life is much shorter, so its back to the drawing board.

The Camera that I have now does not have a remote, or I can't find it, either way I need to be able to get to it. With a propeller thrashing around, a vibration free spot isn't that easy to come by. I finally decided on the windscreen just above my head was a place to try.


Now it is just a matter of finding the right foam cushioning to stop the shaking.

I took a flight to the Whitehorse area of Oregon Canyons. One would never know what was there if the ground was the only way to travel. When I get my HD camera I will revisit the area for some better shots.

http://vimeo.com/25984425

Since this was taken I revisited the Owyhee Canyon to test my latest mounting system. I still need some different foam, but it is going to work out.

http://vimeo.com/26204167

While I was waiting for this to upload, Josie alerted us to another Rat on the back porch. The BB gun and Josie are getting to be an unbeatable pair. I don't even have to touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment