Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day Six

Puddy threw up some stuff from her crop this morning. Karen saw it, and said that it seemed to be liquid of some sort. I looked at her and she showed no sign of distress, but I decided to give her a casting tonight to help clean her crop.

I went up to pick her up and she seemed to be a bit flighty. I weighed her and found that she was at 896 grams. My first thought was that I had hit her top limit, and today's session was not going to be that great. She was also pretty grumpy about being touched, so I put my glove on and tormented her for a while. Karen came out bringing me a feather that Jessie had dropped. That was even better, so I tormented her for a while longer.
 She actually did pretty well with all the harassment.
 Biting the feather when ever she could get a chance to get hold of it.
 I sat her on the spool and was surprised that she was eager to walk to the fist for a tidbit.
 I called her to the fist twice, and then offered her a blackbird on the fist. She was unsure at first, looking for the raw meat. Finally she decided that what I offered might be worth while and she shot out a foot and grabbed it.
I picked her up and she ate her bird with relish. Hopefully that will help clean her crop. I will put her out on the lawn with a bath tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment